We help develop and execute strategies that support the dynamic world most businesses are a part of.
Choose Zephyr Consulting because:
We help you create unique strategies with a combination of LEAN methods with Playful Learning
We have a strong focus on creating a link from strategic to operational level
We are good at building a trusting atmosphere where people are involved in creating new ways and paths to success.
“Surveys show that only 49% of employees know the goal of the strategy”
“Now I have a greater understanding of what I am contributing to the overall strategy”
Successful strategy execution
Getting a strategy put into action is the most difficult part for most companies and organizations. To succeed, there needs to be created an understanding, recognition and support for the strategy in the organization. Most people need to understand “why” before they act, and they need to feel reasonably confident that the strategy with its changes can create something better, as well as that the road to it is visible, achievable and realistic.
Research has shown that there are four points that have a major impact on execution:
- Employees must know the targets.
- Employees need to know how to get there and need to be involved in order to create ownership.
- The effort should be measured.
- Mutual commitment to achieve the objectives.
For us, this means that we need to create the right conditions for executing as efficiently as possible.
This means that we:
- Look at the culture, values
and rules of cooperation needed to succeed.
- Assist with tools that connect overall strategy plan, people and daily work.
- Challenge you and your business and uncover the challenges the strategy may face.
- Help you to identify how you can continuously see whether you are on the right track.
- Involve relevant employees in the preparation and roll-out of the strategy to create ownership.
When the strategy is done, the focus is on the execution itself, where we help with:
- Structure for follow-up.
- Continuous follow-up, feedback and learning incl. well-being.
- Creating transparency.
- Prioritization of efforts and resources.
- Training of managers and staff in the methodology.
- Ongoing coaching so that you reach your targets.
Our toolbox is a combination of methods used by military units over the centuries combined with modern methods such as Visual Management and LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY®.
The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® method. The method is a recognized and proven tool for strategy development, innovation and team development, etc. The method has been developed at LEGO® Company in collaboration with leading researchers within strategy and organizational behavior. The tool makes use of the diversity of the LEGO® brick. LEGO® elements therefore function as three-dimensional models of business issues and challenges. Research shows that when we use our hands in a creative process, we express our thoughts and ideas in a more precise and nuanced way. This means that they are easier to understand and remember.
The common denominator of the methods is that they ensure good follow-up and learning, but also increase employee motivation, well-being and ownership.
People want to have a positive impact; our job is to create the right conditions and opportunities for them to deliver the best possible results.
Example of a structure for continuous follow-up
1. Clarification of Needs
The process starts with an initial meeting with the aim of clarifying what kind of support you need. We look at your current strategy, values, plans and goals. This allows us to get a picture of where we need to focus our efforts. For us, it is important that you as a company get a solution where the strategy and the implementation achieve what you would like to. Normally we will return to you with a proposal for solving the task within a week, after which we agree on the further process.
2. The Agreement
When we have an agreement, we sit together and define:
- Success criteria
- Scope (participants, duration etc.)
- Follow-up and feedback (continuous feedback and learning reflections, because you’re on a longer journey)
All activities conclude with an evaluation meeting.
The purpose of this is multi-faceted:
- To check if success criteria are met (did we achieve what we set out to do?).
- To obtain feedback on our performance.
- To provide feedback from our side on any observations that might be relevant to the organization going forward.
We believe in continuous improvement as a means of staying ahead.
Finally, we agree any follow-up activities.